Monday, June 17, 2019

June 17th, 2019: Journal Entry

June 17th, 2019: Journal Entry (from my Instagram)


From this post


Awesome trail run / hike today!! Total distance was a little over 4 miles at roughly 16 mins per mile. I ran most of it, but this particular trail was RUGGED and there was a ton of steep inclines, rocks, and roots.

I went out to the Chuckanuts located in Bellingham, Wa and found another trail entrance to the north side of Lost Lake Trail and decided to take that. There’s nothing more enticing than finding a route less taken in my opinion, and that’s why I love hiking and where I live in general. There’s SO many choices to hike.

I came to a different sort of mindset realization as I began my hike. Lately, or most of my life, I’ve been struggling with my mindset for going about my life, more specifically, wanting to WANT to do things because they are good for me. This often comes with a sort of cognitive dissonance, and I frequently end up NOT doing these things because I want to subconsciously not do what’s good for me.

Today, while I was running I thought to myself, “why am I doing this?” This is somewhat similar to @davidgoggins, who often asked himself similar questions while going through pain and suffering. This doesn’t necessarily apply because I wasn’t struggling per say, but I first responded with, “because it’s good for me.” Almost immediately after I answered, “I’m doing this because I ENJOY it.”

This is an incredible shift in mindset for me because I realized that I don’t just do things because they’re “good for me,” but rather that I enjoy doing them.

It’s a tough dialogue to unpack in detail, but I think this might help others who end up procrastinating responsibilities because they just think it’s good for them. That makes it seem like a chore, a punishment of sorts. Making decisions because you actually enjoy them will seem a whole lot easier and fulfilling this way. I genuinely enjoyed my run, and I want to make decisions for the rest of my life this way.

#goprohero7 #goprohiking#goprorunning #chuckanuts#bellinghamexperience#mentalhealthblog#mentalhealthmatters#physicalandmentalhealth#healthybodyandmind #yogavlog#yogabloggers #fitnessbloggers#menwhobullet #bulletjournaltracker#bulletjournalist

With love,

Mentalphysicalspiritualhealth

No comments:

Post a Comment