Saturday, March 10, 2018

REVOLUTION - 31 Days of Yoga

Finding peace on the yoga mat...




I’ve been on the yoga mat the past 10 out of 14 days. My inflammation and chronic joint pain is finally (knees especially) at the point where I can be optimistic about recovery. This could be partially due to cutting refined sugar and starting Keto a week ago, which I plan on giving an enormous update on soon!! On a similar note, I finally had an MRI of my left knee done. I'm not expecting much more than a strain, but it will be relieving to hear that the pain is nothing serious.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Since I’ve been motivated and I’m enjoying the practice of yoga so much, I decided to participate in @adrienelouise ‘s 31 Day Yoga Challenge - REVOLUTION
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I’ve always been interested in yoga. To me, yoga is not only an act of meditation (which is a tremendous reason for me to be practicing) - I am humbly learning fundamental human characteristics such as how to be patient, how to love and treat myself with kindness, and how to act with a sense of mindfulness. I am learning to warmly acknowledge and lovingly accept the inner chatter that was once seen as destructive and malevolent. With the insurmountable stress of which I am currently engulfed, I feel truly blessed to have the opportunity to set aside time every day to deliberately slow down and focus on my breathing, poses, and mindfulness. I can’t explain how powerful these past couple weeks have been for me in terms of growth.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I started a new YouTube channel and posted a quick yoga flow that I think you guys would like!!! I recorded mainly to look at my form and flexibility, however I got in the groove and started flowing 


⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Everybody take a peep at @adrienelouiseand (check out her YouTube too) and give her a follow!! Adriene is a phenomenal teacher and has certainly helped me cope with some dark emotions these past few weeks. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
With love,
Mental Physical Spiritual Health







No comments:

Post a Comment